We all know people who seem to effortlessly, with total fun and flow and barely a hint of work, seem to get *exactly* what it is that they want in life.
They have the gorgeous apartment and instagram feed filled with perfect pictures of beautiful holidays or the sweet supportive boyfriend who happens to earn a bomb or the two perfectly behaved angelic children who never write on the walls in permanent marker...
But more frequently we know people who don't get what they want, people who whinge and moan and seem so helpless and pathetic that we want to shake them and ask them when they gave up on life, people who don't know what they want except that they don't want what they have, who seem to think that they can do better.
And we worry that we're becoming more of the latter and less of the former. The tiredness, the resentment kicks in, how hard I've worked, how many times I've sacrificed and it's still not here yet, I still don't have what I want, or I have a form of it but it's not what I thought it would look like.
Oh god am I becoming one of them...?
Before you turn into a whingey-lemming, ready to complain about everything and do nothing about it, here is what I know about getting what you want. Read it, absorb it and most importantly, take immediate action.
- In order to get what you want you have to know what it is that you want. If you do nothing today, sitting down with a notebook and pen and journaling out all the things that you think might be important to you and comparing them side by side will pay dividends. Find the one that matters most and focus on it.
- When I say focus, I mean, focus. Nothing else matters. Everything gets compared to the 'how far will this help me in my number 1 objective meter' and weighed and measured and prioritised accordingly.
- If you aren't sure, it means your goal wasn't truly important. You don't need a laminated list of goals and desires; if you can't remember them then they really aren't all that important to you.
- Break down what it is that you want. get really clear. What does it look like, sound like, feel like. When will you be done? When will you know you've hit the spot? If you don't know, then you'll be forever chasing an outcome that's just out of reach.
- Have fun! The biggest moments of change in my life have, almost without fail, come about when I'm enjoying myself, letting go, being who I truly am instead of a buttoned up restricted stressed semi-person who is so desperately clinging on to something that I miss all the opportunities that were flying my way because of the single focus.
- And that brings me on to another point. Set your goals, get focused on what you want, take daily consistent action towards the outcome - and live a life where you are absolutely, 100% fine if what you wanted never came true. Think about it - would you make yourself miserable day after day burning sacrifices to the love gods and eating tubs of haagen dazs waiting for Mr Right to come along? Would it help? Would you ever even meet him if you were so single-mindedly focused on finding the one that you never met your friend for a random drink and happened to lock eyes with those cute brown eyes across the bar?
- In summary - choose, define, specify, act, release. Chose your goals, define them, get specific, take action and absolutely release the outcome.
All sounds great but you don't have a clue where to start? Click the link below to find out all apart the Planning for Success Masterclass taking place next Sunday evening.
PS - act quick - right now you can save £70 by joining the Planning for Success Masterclass today for only £29! Only 9 places remain and this super-earlybird offer ENDS 9am on Monday!